l
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Something doesn't quite feel right here.

Wedding bells are ringing but they don't ring for me. Minyi and husband got married last yr, Karen's getting married later in May (I think), Peishan and Gary just had their ROM last week, yk's friend got married not long ago and jj's friend also got married just.

I know that most of these pairs have not been dating for as long as me and ade have been but yet still they're married or getting married earlier than me.

I guess there's not correlation between when you get married and how long you've been dating with your partner. Even so, I don't know any couple who's been dating for as long as me and ade but not married nor having plans to get married. Ok, there's zhihao and shanshan... they've not been dating as long as me and ade but almost there...

It doesn't feel right. It's like couples date each other for some time then they start to think they are right for each other and then get married. For me, I've been 'stuck' in this stage for so long, it's like it's wrong or something.

So far I've been answering questions of 'when's your turn' by replying that I don't have the money to get married with ade. Thinking about it, even if I had the money now, I don't have the time to get married as I still gotta finish 1 more semester at NUS. Earliest possible date would be June. Thinking about makes me feel incompetent. Then again I should remind myself that there really isn't any correlation between how long you've been dating and when you get married.

Anyone wanna lend me a big sum of money so that I can tie the knot with my 8-going-9-yr steady girlfriend? The wait and seeing other 'finish the race' before you is just very testing...


Pangy was pricked and bled at 12:14 AM


Comments:
i sponsor your flowers......

~y~
 
...

Getting married is not a race leh. I think it's better to do it right, than to do it fast. 8 year's not that long if you consider how many years more you have ahead of you.

Unless you can feel your biological clock ticking away and its driving you nuts I guess.
 
Isn't it a race.. well in some sense..
We all race towards death.. on a not so morbid note, we all race with everyone else and ourselves to get watever achievement we want.

Sure it's just as important to 'do it right' but who knows how 'right' more can 'right' be? Between me and ade, I think it's right enough already.

Anyway problems are popping up again.. I'm going to try and not be upset because she's being unreasonable.
 
Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com