l
Sunday, May 29, 2005
World Book Fair - Day 2 - the next 5 hours

Day 2.. begins with a record of 0 sales. Not to mention a jean-soaking heavy rain over my area when I left for Suntec. Maybe the rain represents a windfall today. Water is wealth as the Chinese believe and I'm going to be soaked up to my knees in wealth! Today is going to be a good day!

Saw Aisha as I was making my way to Sitec. Shared our stories of how customers listen to us talk then run off.

Arrived at the booth and a bit of asking around reveals that the high scoring guy from yesterday has done it again. Not sure if it's good luck that he's not on the same shift as me or bad luck cos obviously parents are more willing to part with their money during his shift.

Today is windfall day, but not for me.. for another guy, Ron. Damnit he sold something like 30 units at the end of the day.

5-6 was presentation by Aunty Alice. Jolly good fun. Had more banter with xiao mei mei! We prepared on A2 sized whiteboards a question from the DMM set. Xiao mei mei laffed at my 1st attempt to draw the circles.. i threw her a look and then cleaned off the quite pathetic circles that i drew and made another try. This time I drew them circles nice big and round.

She had to poke me in the ribs by saying 'so boring' and then she suddenly picked a black marker and added two straight lines at the bottom of my green triangle of circles. She laffed and said 'hey! look got tree!' then before I could react to anything, she grabbed the whiteboard and held it back to my face and said 'nah! now even more like tree!' and she was referring to my brown shirt.

After she got started, she picked another green marker and added a star on the top of the 'christmas tree', I picked a red marker and was wondering how to make it look like a christmas tree then she snatched it from me and added red squiggly lines in diagonals across the tree.

Not wanting to be out done, i grabbed a black marker and started drawing gift boxes at the base of the tree and using red to colour ribbon wrappings for the presents.

Fun fun... then me and her went to the little kiddies with our whiteboards halfway thru Aunty Alice's presentation. The kiddies were looking restless while the bigger children and adults were captivated by Aunty Alice's math magic.

At the end of the presentation, managed to clich a deal of 5 units. Pathetic when compared to 30 units from Ron. Fookened luck.

Xiao mei mei.. I believe her name is peiwen.. saw on her name tag, asked me to treat her to dinner.. bcos she didn't get any sales. She also wanted me to find 10 'goldfish' for her, no correction.. clinch 10 goldfish for her! Threw her an arrow and told her to get to work.. haha

Then went for dinner break at 8 with her and clara. All along she was still going on and on about me treating her to dinner. Don't really understand.. do I have 'kai zi' face?? Tmd why all these xiaomeimei anyhow ask me for treat one! Don't even really know them!

Won't be seeing her tmr, she's not working tmr. Might miss her incessant rebuttals towards me?


Pangy was pricked and bled at 11:34 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com