l
Sunday, February 06, 2005
Alright.. somebody's gone too far in pushing the anti-drug message.

I took a train today and all the windows had 'prison bars' on them! What the fuck for!? Why should innocent commuters who are not guilty of any criminal offense be subjected to such treatment?! Innocent citizens like you and me should not be subjected to the view from inside a 'prison cell'.

The anti-drug message is 'Drugs leave you even more alone' or something like that. If you've seen posters, it shows a male juvenile behind bars and he says something like 'One by one my brothers have left me'.

I feel it's a double standard on the part of the government. I remember reading in the papers before, with regards to Aids and STDs, the government won't allow condom vending machines. They think it would offend the majority of Singaporeans who are conservatives.

So what about this 'prison bars' on the MRT windows anti-drug message? Have they considered that it'll offend people like me who want to look out of the MRT window and be able to feel like an innocent and free citizen that I am?


Pangy was pricked and bled at 9:18 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com