l
Friday, January 14, 2005
From Sand to Circuits

I was going to post after being very inspired by my lecture on Optoelectronics... but I found I don't have enough kou shui to finish the whole post.... SO..

I wanted to say something about how incredible our engineering prowess is. Probably so great that we could amaze God. Bear in mind, I do not believe in any god and when I say that, I mean if there was a God, he'd probably be really amazed at what we are doing with silicon.

Silicon is easily obtainable from sand. It's something that makes up the enjoyment we derive at the beach and usually becomes a nuisance after we leave, it gets into our pockets and every nook and cranny in our belongings and even body

But it is also gives us silicon, which is the cornerstone of all semiconductor technology. To the lay-person, so what about semiconductors? Semiconductors are found everywhere in modern life, I cannot even finish listing all the applications of semiconductors. It is an incredible infrastucture that many people don't even know it's there.

Something like that..


Pangy was pricked and bled at 8:51 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com