l
Monday, January 17, 2005
Another moment of inspiration from this morning's lecture.

My prof said, " We are engineers, not mathematicians. We hate to solve complicated maths equations. But we are often faced with complicated derivations and integrations ...."

I totally agree. But that's the lazy me talking.. can I not do all that horrible maths? What really inspired me is something more.

We engineers should not have to be bogged down by rigorous, complicated maths or have our time taken away, looking after delicate equipment or doing routine mechanical work. We should be given time to think, to imagine, to sit on the problems faced by people and finally use our engineering skills to engineer products or processes that will solve these problems and make life generally easier for everyone!

That is engineering. Making something for the specific purpose of solving a problem or to bring improvement to humanity.

Then I think that's plain naivety. After I get a job as an engineer, what my boss says, I do.


Pangy was pricked and bled at 10:53 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com