l
Saturday, January 17, 2004
Having too long a break between driving lessons is not a good thing. My last lesson was Tuesday of the previous week and I lost that feel and control of the pedals. The car shook a lot, due to me letting go of the clutch a wee bit too early (not so early that I stalled the car), steering was not smooth and coordination slowed.

Damn stressed today... did one right turn out from a minor road. Wah lau.. so difficult, have to keep waiting and waiting. It was made worse by the impatient drivers behind me, turning right from my left blocking my view. Wait so long that I also slacked my focus and stalled at the line.

Then another long long line waiting to u-turn. There was another rookie way up front, taking forever to do her u-turn. Then when it was finally my turn, I had also lost my focus and stalled too.. shit man. That's not the worst... after restarting the engine (the fellas behind were still patient enough) I was staring so intently at the oncoming traffic I didn't notice the red light come up and green arrow appear. I was still staring at the approaching van then got horned by the long line....

Not to mention other sudden situations at junctions. Cars cutting in and suddenly when I was just like a wheel to the line, the light turned amber and I have to jam the brakes. Done one rather long stretch of road I climbed to 4th gear but I didn't brake enough to bring the speed down in order to drop to 3rd gear for engine brake.

Damn stressed.. not to mention I almost forgotten how to do the 3 point turn and directional change I learnt the last lesson.


Pangy was pricked and bled at 12:59 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com