l
Friday, September 05, 2003
Long day today, from 830am to 945pm. This morning something happened to the MRT I think, bcos the trains that arrived were so full! Overheard (not exactly) a woman complain to one of the SMRT guys that she was unable to board the last 4 trains! Then alighting at Clementi, I saw Mike. Mike told me at Pasir Ris, he had to queue from White Sands!

The day was quite fine, quite until I was discovered by none other than Ade herself during my lunch rendezvous! With me were the lovely Angel and Augustina and I was caught in the act! Haha.. before too many imaginations run wild, I should fill in the details about what happened.

After my tutorial, I met Angel at E4 to go to Sci to have lunch together with Augustina who also finishes Java tut at 11 at SOC. Then we were eating and we finished eating and were going to clear the table. I picked up my tray and just as I stood up, someone called my name and it was Ade! I froze for awhile and in that awkward position, I was 'caught in the act'. Haha.. and you thought there was going to be a juicy scandal..

==============================
actually Blogger timed out on me but I had most of the above already written down and saved. Now I'm feeling damn tired about retyping the remaining long long post. Typing on Word now..
==============================

After lab, I checked my hp and received a sms from mum. It says 'No dinner at home. Eat before coming home' Ai... so sian.. eat alone. Today first time in a long while I'm having a meal not at home nor in canteen. Dunno where to go and what to eat. Usually when I'm eating alone, I like to pick something nicer so that it eases the boredom. But now I can't think of what nice thing to eat thanks to my no-life life.

Just anyhow hopped on the eastbound MRT and let it take me where it will take me. I decided to get off at City Hall cos can go so many places from there. Then after getting off the train I tot I'll have beef noodles..

I saw Zhonghan in the food court. He was finishing the last half of his food but I joined him anyway. I also called him by the wrong name! I called him Zhiheng! Haha.. now I'll probably never forget his name. Zhonghan.

Thought about going to Esplanade after my beef noodles, but at the escalator down to the MRT station, I saw my other sp Dawn and Michael Pak! Dawn says this place is quite a meeting place cos they bumped into their friend just awhile earlier than bumping in me haha..

I walked to Esplanade and the stuff put up on the walkways to Esplanade didn't interest me. Usually they have some things up that interest me. Today they put up photos of bands and their members. Totally uninteresting to me.

I went up to the Esplanade library, shucks, I'm going to the library so often. But Esplanade library not so bad lah..I took 3 Stan Getz cds and went to a listening post. I like Stan Getz. I didn't sit and listen to all 3 cds, not because I didn't want to hog the machine but cos while listening to the nice music, I looked out of the window and saw people on the roof! Hey that's one place I haven't gone to. So after a few songs, I left the place and went up to the roof.

The roof isn't very nice lah. Nothing much to see except the mouth of the Singapore River. I rather be down there than up here when it comes to the river mouth. I like Merlion Park. Can sit right at the water's edge and hear the soothing splashing sounds as the river splashes on the steps and there's always a breeze. That time me and the tpjcchoir peeps went down at 2 am and it was wonderful! Would be great to do that more often. But then how often does one have money to book a rm at Marina Mandarin?

Then there were 3 bird-brained male performers in bright pink bodysuits! They also styled their hair like rooster combs! So funny! They seem to be playing 'Follow the Leader' walking in the same way and one after another! The leader stepped onto this low low wall kind of thing and posed quite like Raffles and the other 2 guys followed suit one after the other! Hahaha! Then they spotted a member of the public that was standing quite near by and watching them. So the leader walked over the the man and stood very up close. The paiseh Singaporean briskly moved away to continue watching them from a safe distance. Too bad I'm not down there! I would join them play their 'Follow the Leader'! Such a PANGY thing to do!! Haha! Maybe one day I'll go there in a funny costume and be at my pangyiest!

I was going to go down again when I heard something like singing then I crossed over to the other side and then I heard what sounded like Budak Pantai singing David Tao's songs. Yeah.. it is Budak Pantai singing David Tao's songs. I took out my Bat-gun and shot a swing rope at the marina sq roof and swinged over.. yeah rite.. I walked.

David Tao's coming to Marina Sq to have an autographing session and Budak Pantai is entertaining the fans. Although Budak Pantai is a widely popular acapella group in Singapore or even the region, I don't like their singing sometimes. When they all come in together singing 'ah' or something, there is no balance! Everyone is clamouring for attention and wanting to come out on top and what results is a blare of cacophony! Sometimes their choice of vocal percussion also very weird and even horrible sounding. Yah also their lead singer's awful pronunciation of Chinese lyrics. I think they're not very good. I prefer the more choral like type of acapella, where there is more blend.

Budak Pantai sang their horrible rendition of Sha Tan (Beach) yucks... sounded like crooning to me, but some other song was quite ok, I forgot the title. After they sang their songs, I went on into Marina Sq. I went to the GV to watch trailers and it was only then that I noticed my hp switched itself off cos the batt was flat. I switched it back on then received a sms from Ade saying she also had no dinner and we could have dinner together. So I found a public phone and called her back to find out that she had already set dinner with weijian.

What followed from here was me going to Suntec and walking around but not for long because the burden of my java text in my book was getting to me.. I went home at abt 845pm with aches in my legs and shoulders.


Pangy was pricked and bled at 10:52 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com