l
Tuesday, September 23, 2003
Basic Theory is so easy.. but I got 2 qns wrong. One is about a person with Class 3 lisence can drive up to how heavy a vehicle. The other is children below what age must be put in a child restrain. Think I might have gotten another one wrong. There are 3 vehicles at an uncontrolled junction, who gives way to who? I remember very clearly it's always give way to the right, but when I was thinking back about the qn, I forgot if they drew arrows to represent the intended paths of the vehicles cos that'll make things a bit more complicated than just my golden rule "Give way to the Right"

I think it's damn funny the vandalism in the question book. It seems to be racially targeted vandalism. I don't mean outright racist remarks or depictions. Rather a more subtle and sinister show of racism.

Every question and respective answer choices are printed in 4 languages English, Chinese, Malay and Tamil. ALL, all the Tamil options are ticked for a whole lot of questions. If it doesn't seem clear to you what I'm thinking about, I shall explain. It seems to me that people of other ethnic groups are intentionally trying to mislead the Indians, thinking that the Indians are unable to get the correct answers by their own effort and would require such unsolicited help. It might also be that these vandals think that the Indians are gullible or naive and unsure of their answers that they would be swayed to change their original choice to the choice 'suggested' by the vandals.

It could be the other way around also. Indians who have used the question books, sought to give their fellow Indians an unfair advantage over the others by ticking the correct answer to the question. Other people of the other ethnic groups who then later use the question books, think that it is very unfair and proceed to tick everything so as to confuse them.

Anyhow, I amused me quite a lot. I was also slightly thrown off in that I had to double-check that I actually wanted option A and not that I wanted options B or C and got distracted by the tick at A.

Still, the questions were so easy, at 1st reading you'll know the answer. Except for those 2 that I really forgot and got wrong. I finished the paper in only about 20 minutes.

Adeline's my lucky star for the BTT. Before the test we were talking about a few things in the BTT handbook. The road sign for "Two way traffic across a one way carriage", the TP hand signals, single zigzag line on the road side, "One way traffic (Vehicles may turn right or left where possible)" and they were all tested in my question booklet. Adeline, you brought me luck!


Pangy was pricked and bled at 11:43 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com